Welcome to Foundations of Teaching and Learning
A course in university teaching for senior scientific staff at ETH
What are the specific aims of this course?
Foundations of Teaching and learning supports senior scientific staff involved in teaching to:
- Support students in their development as future scientists
- Align teaching and learning processes
- Participate in the scholarly discourse about teaching and learning at ETH
How does the course proceed?
The Foundations of Teaching and Learning course consists of face-to-face classroom days and a preparation and transfer phase.
It contains the following elements:
- Preparation prior to classroom days
- Three classroom days
- Transfer phase: Teaching project
- Peer review of teaching project
- A certificate stating the objectives achieved in this course is awarded to participants upon completion of these elements.
Getting started with the course
- Please note that you need to have registered for a course in order to proceed. You can register here.
- After registration and confirmation that you have been allocated a place in a course, you will receive an invitation mail for your Moodle course.
To proceed to a specific course:
- Select the semester in which your course takes place by clicking on the hyperlink at the bottom of this page.
- Select your course as indicated by the course names:FTL 201x-#: classroom dates day 1+ day 2 + day 3.
- Log in using your nethz password. If you have problems with your username or password please contact IT Services support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please complete the preparatory steps before the first classroom day.
We are looking forward to working with you!
Pia Scherrer and Benno Volk