227-0526-00L Power System Analysis 2015W
- Teacher: Göran Andersson
227-0122-00L Introduction to Electric Power Transmission: System & Technology 2015W
- Teacher: Lorenz Bort
- Teacher: Alise Chachereau
- Teacher: Jun Xing Chin
- Teacher: Nadezhda Davydova
- Teacher: Stefanos Delikaraoglou
- Teacher: Christian Franck
- Teacher: Andrew Ryan Hamann
- Teacher: Xuejiao Han
- Teacher: Adrian Hauswirth
- Teacher: Sören Hedtke
- Teacher: Gabriela Hug
- Teacher: Aleksandar Jovicic
- Teacher: Stavros Karagiannopoulos
- Teacher: Evangelos Kardakos
- Teacher: Uros Markovic
- Teacher: Conor O Malley
- Teacher: Tim Schultz
- Teacher: Dmitry Shchetinin
- Teacher: Ulrich Straumann
- Teacher: Malte Tschentscher
- Teacher: Gustavo Adolfo Valverde Mora
- Teacher: Thierry Zufferey
Lecturer & Assistants
Understanding of signal properties on transmission lines in the time and frequency domain. Basic knowledge of analog filter synthesis.
- Transmission line equations of the lossless and lossy TEM-transmission line. Introduction of current and voltage waves.
- Representation of reflections in the time and frequency domain.
- Application of the Smith chart. Behavior of low-loss transmission lines. Attenuation and impulse distortion due to skin effect.
- Transmission line equivalent circuits.
- Group delay and signal dispersion.
- Coupled transmission lines. Butterworth-, Chebychev- and Bessel filter approximations: filter synthesis from low-pass filter prototypes.
- Simple active filters.
A self-enrolment key will be handed out in the first lecture.